We welcome October and farewell football fever as we enter the final stretch towards Christmas. It’s traditionally a busy time for households and on the business and economic scene, as we prepare for the end of another year.
On the economic front, Australia’s cash rate remains at an historic low of 1.5%. The growing differential between local and US rates pushed the Australian dollar lower in September to around US72.5 cents.
Overall, our economy is in good shape. Australia’s record economic expansion is in its 28th year, with growth up 0.9% in the June quarter, 3.4% on an annual basis, the strongest in six years.
In this edition we cover recent and upcoming legislation changes important for employers and employees, as well as community news.
Our October Client Update also includes:
- Contributed more than 100k to super? Lodge a tax return
- Wine Equalisation Tax change now in place
- New Enduring Power of Attorney (medical treatment)
- Free checklist: assess your business
- 2018 Community Bank® National Conference
- Seeking local not-for-profit: we want you!
- Employer update
- Changes to minimum shift for casuals
- Changes to Long Service Leave Act
- Single Touch Payroll options for employers with less than 20 employees.
We hope you find this issue informative. Should you wish to investigate any of these matters further, please contact our office on 03 5443 0344.
We are hiring! Our team is growing and we have new positions available across our departments.
If you strive for excellence and want to join our client first focused team, we want to hear from you.
To apply visit: www.afsbendigo.com.au/vacancies