October is here after the welcomed sunshine of September and all the signs point to a hot summer. Things are also beginning to heat up on the global interest rate front. Read our latest economic summary in our October Client Update.
Casual Cash for Cycling Classic
On the last Friday of every month our team members donate a gold coin for the privilege of wearing casual clothes. AFS proudly donates the amount raised each quarter to a local community organisation. Our casual cash this quarter is being donated to the Bendigo Cycling Classic to support two well deserving local charities, harness the power of the community and create a fun, healthy event for locals and visitors alike.
The total funds raised will be split equally between the OTIS Foundation and Give Me 5 for Kids. If you would like to participate in any of the four ride options on the day, volunteer your time or donate, the details can be found at www.bendigocyclingclassic.com.au
Also in this edition:
- Supporting our community – Bendigo Cycling Classic
- Common deductions property investors miss
- Work related expense claims under scrutiny
- Work related travel deductions
- GST: simplified accounting for food retailers
- Tax debts: setting up a payment plan
- New tax for vacant properties
- First Home Super Saver Scheme – draft legislation
- SMSFs prepare for more reporting
- What’s been happening online with AFS.