In this month’s edition we cover the fight for cystic fibrosis. Earlier this year we were saddened to hear the news that little Macie had been diagnosed with CF. Macie is the granddaughter of Danny Caulfield, one of our long time associates.
Little Macie was struggling to gain weight and had a nasty cough that she couldn’t shake. Christie, Macie’s mother, knew something wasn’t quite right. When she was five weeks old she received a call from the GP advising that the results were back from the heel prick test (taken at birth) that confirmed Macie had CF.
Read about all that Macie’s family are doing to raise awareness for the illness and how AFS is helping show their support.
Also in this issue:
- Individual income tax rates cut
- Proposed superannuation reforms
- Taking care with work-related deduction claims
- ATO small business benchmarks updated
- Awards update: changes to annual leave
- Share economy participants reminded of tax obligations
- Finding your fund with Bendigo GrantGuru
The 2016 seminar series is coming to an end with two final seminars. Financial health check is running in October and planning for success is running in November. Both events will be held at AFS & Associates, 61 Bull St. Spaces are limited so we urge you to register now.
We hope you find this issue informative, should you wish to investigate any of these matters, we encourage you to contact our office.