Summer is upon us and December arrived with bush fires in Queensland and flooding rains in NSW. Our best wishes go out to all those affected as well as our brave emergency services workers.
Saving coins to save lives
Our cover story this edition is on Lifeline Central Victoria and Mallee who are our casual cash recipient this quarter. Our donation, which will go directly to the Central Victoria and Mallee centre, will help fund the training of telephone crisis supporters (TCS). It costs $3,000 to train one TCS, and recruitment sessions and training run twice a year.
One of our accountants Samantha Oliver has recently joined the Board and through her time there already she has already recognised the importance of an organisation like Lifeline in our city. If you would like to donate please donate to Lifeline Central Victoria and Mallee at www.lifelinecvm.org.au. Donating to the local centre ensures funds stay within the community.
Cyber safety update
Each year text, email and phone call scams increase over the Christmas period. We have even heard reports of scammers posing to be employees at local Bendigo accounting firms. In this Client Update we have provided a cyber safety update to help keep you aware of potential scams and how to lookout for them, with articles including:
- Scam email for parcel delivery
- 75% of employees pose a security risk to their business
- Stay smart online to avoid cybercrime
Also in this edition:
- Christmas party planned? Keep taxes in mind
- Lagging employers given a second chance for super payments
- Endeavor Finance – Finance brokers make the difference as banks tighten up
- Encouraging a healthy workplace
- Team news – Anniversaries, congratulations and goodbye
Click here to read the full newsletter.
We hope you find this issue informative. Should you wish to investigate any of these matters further, please contact our office on 03 5443 0344. To see our news first like us on Facebook or follow us on LinkedIn.