In November our Business Services Partner Damien Palmer and Senior Manager at Shannon Burdeu met with Matthew Butlin, the Red Tape Commissioner.
The role of the Commissioner is to work with Victoria’s business community and the Government to help cut red tape and improve regulation. Specifically, the Commissioner is focused on opportunities to:
- cut red tape that will contribute to the Government’s 25% red tape reduction target
- improve regulators’ dealings with business, including compliance and enforcement
- cut regulatory overlap and duplicated reporting requirements
- identify ‘hotspots’ where regulatory reform efforts can be focused and help unlock economic activity
- improve how regulators administer the regulations for which they are responsible.
Damien commented “It’s great to be involved in projects which can assist our clients both in the short and longer term and reducing red tape and regulatory burden is pivotal for all businesses”.
Clients wishing to provide specific feedback on any administrative, regulatory or compliance issues are encouraged to contact Damien or Shannon on 03 5443 0344.